why all steel studs?

teppy

Nov 11, 2007
Louisiana
We are planning an outdoor cooking area soon. I have been designing and think I have finally come up with a plan. I have lots of outdoor kitchen do-it-yourself books. In all of them, just about every kitchen area is built using the cement blocks instead of the steel studs that I see here being used. Is something wrong with using the blocks that I don't know about? It seem like they would be easier to work with for a do-it-yourselfer, kind of playing with 'legos'. If anyone has any photos of a build using the blocks, I would life to see those. Thanks

I had the same issue when I started designing and working on my island. I think that all the books that I looked at were outdated and based on old technology and design ideas. I used the postings from the old forum and researched the web for info on steel studs. They are alot easier to work with than brick or concrete blocks. Go with the steel studs and HardiBacker.

Geoff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.