Closing Pool - Fittings for Returns

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
The third item is just a standard plug and I use those on all my closings without draining the water below returns. Use a powerful shop vac to blow through your return line and have someone else plug it while it is blowing. Then add antifreeze to the lines. With the frequence I do it we usually dont get wet, but you might want to be prepared for that. If you have multiple returns on one line, plug them from nearest to equipment to farthest, or the ones that blow the hardest first. Work in a series without letting up. I have never used the duck plugs but other companies in my area do. They most likely work, just make sure to put the secondary cap on quickly after blowing, and still add antifreeze.

oh or you could make up a fitting with a male adaptor, 90, female adaptor, and plug in order to "pipe" your return above water level. Just make sure you get a good seal on it, use teflon tape and silicone lube, thick stuff. This way you can blow out the lines by yourself and then add antifreeze from the pool side as well as equipment side. This is how I close pools that I do on the side. If you need more info on this message me and I will make one and take a picture for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.