Record Rainfall - Pool Flooded

Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
So we've had record rainfall this month in Dallas. This weekend we had a ton of rain and I woke up Sunday AM to cloudy green pool that was nearly overflowing. I'm guessing it overflowed/flooded with all the rain we had that night and debris/dirt got into it. Lots of standing puddles in the yard. Not to mention a giant bullfrog swimming in it.

I brought the water level down to normal levels and did a backwash of the filter. I plan on starting a quick SLAM today. The salt levels also dropped by 1,000 ppm overnight, so I'll need to add that as well.

Is there anything else I should do to get this back in working order? I imagine my CYA might also be off.

Just tested. Off as expected, but suprised to see TA and CYA so low. I've never seen pH low before.

FC 0
pH < 7.0 (yellow)
tA 150
CYA < 30

With CYA being so low, should I go ahead and shock using trichlor (which I have on hand) vs bleach?

Last edited:
Dagobah,
According to pool calculator, I plugged in your numbers and it shows that if you use 1 lb-10 oz. of Trichlor it will raise your FC by 5.1...Raise CYA by 3.1....lower PH by 0.27
Can anyone else confirm this? Thx.
P.S. looks to me that your TA is not low like you stated. It seems high to me. It should be between 80 & 120

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.