review of CircuPool SJ-45

Apr 27, 2015
china grove,nc
I was in the market for a swg that would work well for my ig 21000 gallon pool, did a lot of research and found tfp in the process of all the research. my local pool store pushed the Hayward model at a price tag of $1200.00, they didn't seem to offer much guidance or customer support with the unit in general, just told me everyone loves them and they are $$$ and would have to replace the cell every three years for $700.00. I ended up finding a post on here with someone asking what was the best budget swg, and then I found the cirupool series and others. I had it all narrowed down to three models.. circupool sj-45, circupool si-45+ , and the Hayward t15 model, after more research and calling discountsaltpool several times I was talked into the sj45 model, so here is my review of it.

install
install was straight forward and easy to do, I am sure most the models are just as easy, the difference being that the sj model mounts with the flow and return from the bottom instead of inline
no flow sensor to install as I was told it was made into the cell, so that less fittings to install or mess with which is a plus
cell housing is clear for easy inspections of the cell itself

performance
one of the reason I choose it over the Hayward was that it was rated for 2.0lbs cl a day
led lights for display
clear cell housing to see it working

so the cons
there is much info for the unit itself
doesn't give any read outs
only has 25% 50% 75% 100% and super cl

overall I like everything but the end user not being able to fine adjust the output, if I had to do it again I would be up in the air on a unit that had more features then this one, overall its a great unit just missing features I believe would be nice to have

The cons you list are amount the reasons I chose the Circupool SI-30 Plus. I like to see the readings and be able to adjust the output in 1% increments. It does not have a "clear" cell so I have to remove it to inspect it but, like your cell, I'd have to remove it anyway if it needs cleaning. Another plus for me is has an extended life cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.