Filter grid issue ??? (If it isn't one thing it's another)

Jun 14, 2009
Hello all,

Jeez I can't seem to catch a break this season :hammer:

The skimmers have finally been re-plumbed so I started focusing of getting my pool chemically balanced. The water is very cloudy at the deep end so my thought was I must be low on something, I was at "0" for CYA and TA. I added the baking soda and granular stabilizer, the baking soda was pre-mixed in a bucket and added directly to the pool. I added the stabilizer directly to the skimmers, I know there is a controversy on whether to add to skimmer or use the sock method but I went with the skimmer and saw this:

One minute, I can't upload the picture from my computer.

Please look at the pics in the response below, That is what I am seeing.

Does this mean my filter is busted ? My PSI starts at 15 and in time it does raise to 20. I also see the D.E. exiting the returns when I add it to the skimmers.

45c2304c39ab193f323dcaa3b4d26410.jpg
bf340d839e0fdda346937e9b6e19babf.jpg

Hello all,

I will go home and inspect the grids, if I find the tear 3 questions:

1. Can it be repaired ?
2. If not and I do find the grid that is torn am I better of just replacing the 1 grid or replacing the whole set ?
3. Is this the correct D.E. grid for my filter:

Filter Grids De-Grid Pack 12In 24 Sq Ft
SKU:
PPOLFS2002

Thanks

Adding the CYA to the grids probably did them in. Never add any chems to the skimmer if you have a DE filter since you can ruin parts of the filter.

I've always replaced the entire grid assembly, but I know others will just replace the grids. Replacing the grids can be pain and I would rather be lazy and buy it pre-assembled.

I have no idea on whether that is the correct part. FYI, SKUs are #s created by the seller and isn't the part # given by the manufacturer. You should pull up the manual and it will give you a part # and you can compare that to the part # listed by the seller.

Make sure that whatever you order replaces all of the grids since most DE filters have grids with multiple sized grids in one filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.