Anyone familiar with installing a vinyl Liner with rod pockets at the pool steps?

etbrown4

Feb 24, 2012
I have a new liner coming in which has rod pockets at the back of the highest stair Tread. (really at the lowest point of the highest step riser) The idea being to keep the liner tight to the wall by mounting a rod to the pool wall at this location, after sliding the rod through the rod pockets on the back side of the liner.

I don;t see how the liner can be pulled tight with the rod pockets, and then just 12" straight above - be able to get the liner bead into the horizontal liner track which is mounted horizontally to the side of the pool at the highest point of the pool wall.

It appears that to get the bead into this track you have to have the bead and liner material 'loose' and raised to an almost horizontal position so the bead will go into the track. if true, then I wonder how I'd ever install the rod to the wall, as it would have to mount it first and this would allow no looseness or slack to be able to insert the bead.

Is it possible to have the liner material positioned vertical or parallel to the wall of the pool with the bead at the top, and simply to push the bead straight into the track? Perhaps this may be the only answer?

Am I missing something? Tips appreciated.

You should be able to put the bead in first, and then get the rods into place second by reaching in from either side.

It is possible to get the bead in from any angle, though it is much simpler if you have lots of slack and can get the angle just right.

You should be able to put the bead in first, and then get the rods into place second by reaching in from either side.

It is possible to get the bead in from any angle, though it is much simpler if you have lots of slack and can get the angle just right.

It won't be possible to access the rod pockets from either side as the steps are full width.

Some manufacturers say their beads can be pushed straight in horizontally into the face of the track, and hopefully would require no slack in the vinyl.

Some say you can use a window spline tool to force it in.

Does that sound reasonable?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.