Incorret readings many times

Catanzaro

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 30, 2014
Monmouth County, New Jersey
This morning I checked the FC with the extended test kit to determine how much FC I am loosing daily. It is approximately 3 ppm per day. Everything else was in check from TA, CYA, etc. TA is around 100. CYA is around 40-45 and FC is kept between 3-5 daily. CC = 0.

Although approximately 20-30 minutes after filter turned on I checked the PH level and the readings were extremely low (All the way at the bottom). They were at 7.6 a few days ago. I checked again with the same results at least 3 more times from the same water sample and had no success. Each time rinsing the testing kit.

Then I obtained another sample and checked 2 more times. Finally the readings were normal. I placed too many drops from the agent bottle the first time.

Q: What could have possibly gone wrong? The kit was ordered 12 months ago. Water is clean with very little dirt in the pool. Filter on 12 hours per day. Or what are the possible causes of significant PH drop over a day or so.

Which kit are your using for pH testing when you say too many drops of reagent? The pH dropping over 2 days is not something that would happen without something going into the pool to lower it.

I used the Taylor 1000 Test Kit from the TF-100 Kit. Also, I used the liquid chlorine method only. I pour approximately 45 ounces of 12.5% liquid chlorine diluted in 5 gallon buckets of water. Each 15% mix is about 4 gallons and then poured in front of a return jet. Last week I added borax to raise the PH level from 7.2 to about 7.6. Diluted the Borax in water and mixed with a mixer and drill and broadcasted all over the pool.

It appeared that as I squeezed the dropper this morning, more then one drop came out. First time this happened.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.