1st results with SWG running

Amanda14

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2014
East Northport, NY
Surface
Vinyl
Hi.

Looking to get feedback and where/what to add first. SWG has 3100 PPM and I have been running it manually until I get it integrated with the pump for around 5 hrs at a level of 45%. So I appreciate any input.

FC - 5
CC - 0
TA - 100
CYA - 30

THANKS

In efforts to raise CYA - Can I use this?'

Before I found this great place, like many others I have amassed many chemicals in my shed. To that end I am in need of raising my cya and I have these blue pucks that I got from the pool store last year and they are supposed to be for stabilization. Do you think I can put them in a sock in my skimmer? Or do they have a shelf life. If not any feedback on brand or where to purchase products?

Thanks

Re: In efforts to raise CYA - Can I use this?'

Depends what's in those "blue" pucks. If they are trichlor pucks, save them for vacation and weekends away this summer. Read label carefully! Easier and quicker just to get some plain old stabilizer from Walmart which is pure, granulated, and dissolves easily in a skimmer in a sock or pantyhose.

To add to what woodyp said, if they have any metal at all listed on the ingredients, do not use them. They'll lead to staining, green hair etc. If there is any mention of copper, silver... don't use them. Try to return unopened containers for store credit if they do contain metals, maybe get yourself some muriatic acid or liquid pool shock/bleach in exchange. Open containers, you're best bet is to donate/drop them off at nearby HHW (household hazardous waste) drop off site, if they contain metals.

If they do not contain metals, you can use them to add CYA intentionally or during vacation.

Re: Wanted to add Borax but.....

Maybe ... I bet you know how to find of what it did to your water ;)

Why do you want to add borax? To raise the pH or add borates?

I just merged 3 of your threads related to water chemistry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Did you ever answer this?
Depends what's in those "blue" pucks. If they are trichlor pucks, save them for vacation and weekends away this summer. Read label carefully!

What are the ingredients. All trichlor pucks have stabilizer in them. I am going to guess the blue ones have extra junk added, like maybe copper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.