gtty

Aug 11, 2012
Houston, Tx. (West Houston)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought a new 18 ft pool to replace my badly rusted standard "Blue" intex pool. I figured it would hook up the same as the one I had, but was I wrong.

My new 18ft Ultraframe pool has two suction connections vs the single one my old one had. I have a hayward cartridge filter that I want to hard pipe to the intakes. Does anyone have experience hard pipeing to these crappy connections?

I just bought a new 22' intex ultraframe pool and it didn't have that. But no, I have not dealt with those. If you want to use the intake like that style and not put a skimmer in as I just did, get a Hayward sp1023 with a screener sp1026 I think. If the pieces are molded in as it looks, just cut it out. I'd strongly advise on plugging that fitting and putting a skimmer in especially since you said you were gonna go ahead and hard plumb it. I sure wish I had done it long time ago.

I just bought a new 22' intex ultraframe pool and it didn't have that. But no, I have not dealt with those. If you want to use the intake like that style and not put a skimmer in as I just did, get a Hayward sp1023 with a screener sp1026 I think. If the pieces are molded in as it looks, just cut it out. I'd strongly advise on plugging that fitting and putting a skimmer in especially since you said you were gonna go ahead and hard plumb it. I sure wish I had done it long time ago.
These have to be the worst connections I have seen. The box did not show the connections on it. I guess they are the reason. As a matter of fact the box labelling was terrible. Thanks for the input.

Cut them out and replace them. I put in a Hayward return eyeball that came with my thru-the-wall skimmer.

temporary_zps3a1c37f7.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.