New to TFP and having problems

May 14, 2015
Omaha
Working on starting up the pool the TFP way and having an issue. I have a brown pool. I have a well and know we have rust so put metal control product (HTH) in as I filled. First pool test I also put in gal bleach 8.25. First test (done by pool store) showed FC 3 CH 300 CYA 80 TA 120 ph 7.0 no copper no iron TDS 500 & pho 300. While knowing I'm on the high end of CYA I drained down the pool 1/3, refilled and added bleach. Now it is brown. I've looked the last 2 yrs for someone including fire dept to bring "better" water but can't find anyone in my area. While the pool is 20 yrs old we've only had for 2 years and have never had anything look like this in the past. Any ideas? I've been keeping FC at shock level for 2 days and seeing that stabilize but brown doesn't change as I need to keep adding water because of back washing. No leisure time for me with the pool like it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.