AGP is Damaged Need Advice!

Sep 1, 2013
Nazareth, PA
I have a 24' round 48" high AGP that lost its water of the winter. Half of the pool is buried on a slope in my yard and it looks like the leak was behind that ladder at the most buried part of the pool. The water washed away the dirt on a little less that half the pool causing the fill stone to push in against the walls on 8 panels and fall down inside the gap left by the washed out dirt. Im looking for some advice on what the best way forward is. As you can see i started to dig away the stone and dirt but its incredibly difficult from outside the pool and I wonder if the walls will even come completely back out. The way i see it there are 3 options:

1. Continue to dig around the outside in the slow and painful process and hope the walls come back out.
2. Take the pool down, dig from inside the hole to push the fill dirt back and try to put the pull back up.
3. Replace the pool and spend way more that i was hoping to.

Any guidance or experiences anyone has had with a similar situation would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

I know you said that you believe the leak was behind the ladder, but do you know why yet? Just a hole in the liner, or some other issue? It would seem to me (definitely no expert!) that you really have to dig out the walls one way or another before you know if replacement would be required. And if you lost the water you need a new liner anyway, so you could dig outside or inside, whichever is easier. With an empty pool that has been backfilled I don't think the walls will just 'pop out' on that side...the only shot would be them moving back with water pressure, but you'd have to be able to see that they are still in the track. In my mind, even if the pool is salvageable, I would plan on taking it down and re-setting it after the backfill and leak issues are addressed. It's the only way I would know for sure that it was ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.