Need Above Ground Pool Advice - pool wall buckled over winter, local dealer baffled

Camman

May 25, 2012
Raymond, NH
I am hoping someone else has experience with this style of pool. Over our extremely harsh winter here in New England my pool walls apparently buckled under the load of snow, I guess I should have been clearing it off but honestly never gave it a thought because I haven't had to do it in the past, I was more concerned with my roof collapsing at the time and getting the 2ft+ of snow that had fallen over the course of a month off of there first!

Anyway, this pool was at our house when we moved in so I know very little about it and had to do some serious internet sleuthing to even figure out what it was. After my googling I believe it is an "Ambassador" pool and from what I understand it has a liner unlike any other.

I asked a local pool company to come take a look and their response was that they were not interested in the work because it was too difficult to work on, get parts, etc.

So me and a buddy cut the trashed liner away, pulled down the buckled wall and cut it up. Now what I am left with is the structure, which upon inspection is actually in pretty good shape.

Before I get to it with ripping out everything, I thought it was worth checking - does anyone know anything about this style of above ground pool? Is it worth trying to salvage? Are there dealers that will even sell walls and liners for this type of pool?

Hoping someone has seen this before as it seems the pool dealers around this area are baffled by it's design.

Thanks for your help.

Cam

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 94
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.