Cleaner Tube Keep Getting Clogged!

Feb 6, 2014
Leander, TX
This is my 2nd year owning my pool. So far, no major issues! I have noticed, however, that I'm having to clean out the filter/strainer that is in the end of the pool cleaner hose that connects to the side of the pool, where the water is pushed in to the cleaner to make it move. I'm over quota and I can't delete pictures or add pictures, so you'll have to use your imagination! :)

I'm not sure what's going on. It seems to be an inordinate amount of gunk clogging it up. Grit, bug bits, and grass, etc.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

0d98f3e4a85fa9edfc6590bf9d10d286.jpg

You talking about something like this? Your booster pump is plumbed after the filter, right? You should have fresh, clean water going back to that. If it's plumbed right, that stuff would have to be getting through or around your filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, booster is definitely plumbed after the filter, so I am not sure. Clean it out and see if the problem appears again. This could happen if you were running the filter in Recirculate mode to bypass the filter and also ran the booster for the cleaner.

I have to clean it out every day or the cleaner doesn't run (pressure is too low because of the clogging). Something is askew, I just don't know where to look...maybe I need to clean out my DE cartridges/filters and just start with new DE and stuff.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.