Pool pump doesn't work

May 17, 2015
Monticello, AR
Hello everyone! I'm new here and actually nothing works on our pool. We purchased a home with an in ground pool about 3 years ago. We think the pool was put in approximately 15 years ago, so we've had to replace some parts (purchased new pump last year and will need to replace the booster pump soon). We opened the pool about a week ago and everything was going great as usual. We come home Friday afternoon and noticed the water was turning green and nothing was working. We thought that maybe with the storms that came through that lightening struck something, but we haven't found any evidence of that. We have replaced fuses, but nothing works. Any idea what has happened and how we can fix the problem? I appreciate any help we can get!

Welcome to TFP!

Please tell us about your pump such as manufacturer and model, whether it is a single-speed, 2-speed, variable-speed, etc.

Also, suggest adding information about your pool and related equipment in your signature. By doing this, it will automatically appear in all your posts so you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you have a SWG, please include those letters in your signature so it stands out as the advice for SWG vs. non-SWG is often different. Here's how to do this: Adding location to your profile and pool info to your signature.

While you try to give the audience more info about your pool, a couple things stand-out in my mind when reading your post:
1 - Nothing working; Are all pool items/accessories on the same electrical circuit (pump, lights, etc)? The pump is new, so it would seem to be an electrical source issue. Are those fuses the only thing in the elect line? No GFCI switches along the way perhaps? It's always possible your elect system simply overheated or arced to short itself out , but I would think you should see evidence of that with burning or charring. Either way, error on the side of caution when dealing with electricity.
2 - Returned Friday to green water? That sounds like a separate and unusual issue if the pump was only off for one day or afternoon. I wouldn't think if your pool was chemically balanced it would change so fast. You might want to post some chemical results along with your next post so the moderators can address both issues for you.
Just sounds like you have a couple things going on right now. Best of luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.