norbie

Aug 21, 2007
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all,

This is the 2nd year I will be closeing my 16 x 32 inground pool myself. Last year went well but this year when I removed my ladder and railing, the bottom of the railings that go into the holes in the ground are very dirty with a white residue and little spots of rust. Is there anything I can do or use to #1 clean the railings and #2 prevent the bottom from rusting?
Any information would be greatly appriciated and thankyou in advance.

:roll:

Not sure if this helps but mine are stainless steel and had some light rust on them.

I hooked up a wire brush to the end of my cordless drill. Stripped it clean. Worked great.

I then polished it up a bit with some WD40 to help remove whatever else was there.

Next spring I plan to put some vasaline on the bottom and once I have it in there, I plan to use some clear caulk to keep out any moisture. Then the caulk can be removed when I winterize it and that should take care of it I hope.

I read some posts from Ted - Waste on here and that was informative as well.

Hope that helps. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.