Quick Question - Liner related!

May 16, 2015
Ashland KY
Hi guys! New pool owner (just bought my first home!) and Just from reading other post and getting started information I have learned that most of the time the pool store people aren't right lol, and I have a quick question about my liner - It has a tear in it that is less than 1/4 on an inch and it is about the water line when the pool is full, the company that closed it last winter for the previous owners told my realtor that I needed to buy a whole new liner and then when I called a different pool company to ask them about getting a quote they told me to patch it since it is above the water line and the liner in their now is only three years old. Can anyone give me some advice on that is best? I don't want to buy a new liner if I can about it as, I just bought this house and I had to get a new diving board already.

Thank You!!!!!:)

Hi,
you can patch that easily. Actually, you can patch most small tears in a liner no matter if its under water or not.

We generally recommend to do a multiple patch.
1st patch just a bit bigger than the tear
next patch a bit bigger then the 1st
and the last patch a bit bigger than the second one.

Hope this helps,

Okay!! Doing this for sure!!! Now, can anyone point me then direction of some help about anti freeze in the pool lines? The company that closed told use they did this and it concerns me. I was just wondering if there are special things I need to do in order to deal with this. Thanks again!

Welcome to TFP! Nice to see another one from KY. No problem with the antifreeze in the lines. It's rv antifreeze. Some people try to use a shop vac to suck it out of the lines. Most people, myself included, just start the pump and let it go into the pool. Make sure you read through pool school, and get a recommended test kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.