Botched Plaster Job

May 17, 2015
Maryland
Had my painted concrete pool plastered, for the 1st time, in 2012. What a mess. Never should have done it. Plaster is now peeling and bulging in various areas around the pool and even the bottom row of tile has become loose in some areas. To top it off the sub-contractor that did the job has gone out of business and I only had a 2 year warranty anyway. We have no leaks as the underlying concrete is sound but, cosmetically, the pool looks awful in several locations. It's a 20X40 residential pool with an 8' deep end. What are my options and is anyone aware of any good honest contractors in maryland that would give me a fair price to get the pool up to snuff? Thanks, in advance, for any help anyone can be. New member.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sounds like inadequate prep work was not done when the plaster was installed. Your only real long term option is to have all the plaster chipped out and a new surface installs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.