Intex ECO is not ozone correct?

May 16, 2015
Pooler, GA
I have done a ton of reading over a very short period, and may have gotten some facts mixed up. Still trying to sort this all out!

If I remember right, ozone is not that great to use on a residential level because it neutralizes chlorine to an extent.

I was looking into this SWG. It appears to be pretty new technology, and claims to have an ECO feature (Electrocatalytic Oxidation).

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Saltwater-CG-28669-Electrocatalytic-Oxidation/dp/B00PHWUK42/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I tried googling this process, but get pretty lost in the scientific articles that pull up. This is not just creating ozone though correct? It is a different process?

Does this process essentially work, or at least not cause some other type of issue?

Also does this generator produce copper? Is there a way to unplug this feature?

Thanks!

We have been unable to determine if the ECO feature is just fancy talk for what a SWG does in any case, or if they are talking about ozone.

The copper unit can be very easily unplugged, which we recommend doing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.