Pool Light Leak & Repair

JohnyGluebag

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2015
Katy, Texas
The pool light had water inside about half way up, I pulled it out and water was coming out of fitting where the power cord goes through to the housing.

2015-05-16_14-31-03.jpg

Ideally I want to put LED bulbs in both pool and spa light fixtures. This looks like a do-it-yourself kind of job, I can pull it all apart, fix, seal with some silicone and put it all back with a LED bulb in there, but wanted to check here first if I am missing something. I have been told that a pool company would want to pull the whole wire and covert to 12 volt, etc. Is that something I should consider?

Thanks for any feedback.

I have a similar problem. My searching of the internet has found some threads where people report good results with a two part marine epoxy, G/Flex, by West Systems. I also tried just regular silicone and it did not work. I am going to try the G/Flex next.

We just had our light replaced on Friday and they had a bear of a time pulling the old cable due to the sealant put into the conduit. You can get a 120volt LED color light as that is what we had put in replacing the old 120 volt SAM color wheel halogen. I saw a post in the past where the guy epoxied the end of the cord where you have your leak but not sure how long it lasted.

Ok, I tried to get the light working again and now neither the pool or spa light work, maybe I fried the breaker??

• So I have two options, let my buddy come over and help, and he says to splice the wire and hook up a thing and go to 12 volt...might be okay...
  • Or I call someone.

I live in Katy Texas, does anyone have recommendations/advice on a company that could come out and deal with the light fixtures and possible electrical fix at the box? If the price quote is bearable I would consider this option. Maybe the homemade fix is easy, but life is so busy right now and I just want things dealt with.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.