Pressure Release Valve

Feb 26, 2012
I'm pretty sure it's called the pressure release valve that's what is connected to the end of my cleaner hose into the wall. The valve has a filter screen, and from my guess in the way it's positioned it's not screening in from the cleaner but the opposite direction. This screen gets clogged with debris regularly like I would several times a day. Where is this debris coming from, the cleaner pump? How does debris get in there?

Thanks

It is typical for a pressure side cleaner to have a valve such as you describe. If debris is accumulating on the screen then something is wrong with your filter, or you are running the pool in recirculate mode, rather than filter mode. When in filter mode the filter should not allow any debris through that is large enough to be seen without a microscope.

JasonLion, when you say something is wrong with my filter do you mean pool cartridge filter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfTdu5QUbM

This YouTube video shows the part i'm speaking of. The little screen that is in the quick-disconnect for my Polaris has this small screen. Its constantly getting clogged with debris, I have no idea where the debris is coming from as I do not think it's coming from the actual polaris

If debris is getting into the small polaris valve screen between times when you clean your main pool filter, then yes there us something wrong with the main cartridge filter. The main cartridge filter should block all visible debris. The only time debris might get past the main filter and accumulate in the small polaris screen is when you remove the main filter for cleaning.

If debris is getting into the small polaris valve screen between times when you clean your main pool filter, then yes there us something wrong with the main cartridge filter. The main cartridge filter should block all visible debris. The only time debris might get past the main filter and accumulate in the small polaris screen is when you remove the main filter for cleaning.

I only clean the filter cartridges 2 times a year and most recently 1 month ago. The small polaris valve screen has been clogging up regularly before and after I did the recent cleaning. I'll need to trouble shoot how and if this debris in the small valve screen is coming from the pool filter.

Just as a point of reference. I have 3 separate pumps, Pool filter, pool cleaner and waterfall. So in essence is debris thats being processed through my pool filter making it's way into the cleaner pump and through there toward my actual polaris cleaner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.