Testing FC during SLAM

Hi all....starting my first SLAM today.

2 Questions.

1) Pool calc tells me SLAM FC is just 10.....I don't think I have read if anyone being that low? I am running with a level of 16, guessing that is ok?

2) When testing for FC with the DPD test in my TF100 and my speedstir.....when testing at low levels, the water turns clear and the test is done. At the higher levels the water will turn clear, and then within about 10 secs turns pink again. It is turning clear at a slightly lower FC that I think I have. Do I keep adding drops if it turns pink again this fast? Realize that it will turn pink again over time if left, but 10 secs seems fast.

Thanks....looking forward to seeing the results!!

1) What is your CYA? That determines your shock FD level. You should not raise the FC level too high above your shock level as you can start to cause damage.

2) That is a bit quicker that I usually see. Are you doing the CC test right after? What are your CC levels as they could bleed over into the FC portion of the test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.