Zodiac Jandy rs4 cleaner jva mystery

May 16, 2015
Tampa
I have a pool/spa rs4 controller with 4 jva sockets (intake, return, cleaner, solar).
My setup does NOT have a cleaner nor solar.
However, there are 3 jvas in my setup.
1 jva for intake (connected to intake jva socket).
2 jvas at the return (one connected to the return jva socket, the other connected to cleaner jva socket).
The jva connected to the cleaner socket controls whether the return to the spa go to the a water fountain/jet at my spa or normal spa return.
When i turn on spa mode, the rs4 would activate the cleaner jva to normal spa return.
I don't need to press any aux buttons as all my aux buttons are assigned to other functions.
This no longer works... not sure if i changed some switches inadvertently somewhere.
I can't find any documentation supporting this type of setup.
Look everywhere... I dont know how the original installer accomplish this.
All the documentation said the cleaner jva is for a non-booster cleaner. No other functionality I can find.
Is this some kind of pool installer trade secret or hack?

Welcome to TFP!

On one of the setup menus you should be able to assign the "cleaner" JVA to spa mode, so that it will switch any time you go in or out of spa mode. If I followed your description correctly that will do what you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.