Hard plumbing breakage issues with and intex pool?

Hello everyone! I wanted to jus
t ask a question. I have seen on here man
y people who have totally hard plumbed their intex pools and added a through the wall skimmer. I want to do this and add a fountain for my kids as well, even purchased most of my material as well, however, I have a little bit of a hang up. I am scared. I have 3 children and sometimes their friends as well so our pool gets some traffic and some horse play, my concern is the hard plumbing and how it is rigid and the fact that sometimes the intex pool walls flex a bit. Has anyone on here experienced a breal in the pipe or worse a tear in their liner? I see where everyone who has done the hard plumbing so far hasn't mentioned any issues and others have been a bit skeptical of it And mentioned this possibility, so my question is has anyone who has a rough housing group that swims in the pool had this issue? Our pool is an 18x52 intex ultra set with a sand filter and NO swg. Also if I were to leave a small section of flex hose to prevent this where would you suggest? I am thinking toward the bottom to prevent the pipe slamming into the ground and also to not have hard pipe hanging from flex pipe but I would honestly rather do away with hard pipe completely if at all possible. Thanks in advance!

Hi, welcome to TFP! We have quite a few intex users here so hopefully one of them will help you with your question. As far roughhousing goes, I would think that anything the intex pool frame can handle the hard pvc should be able to handle as well. However, to set your mind at ease, you do have options. One would be to use a higher quality hose, such as spa hose for the plumbing runs between skimmer, pump, filter, pool. There is also flex pvc which is more durable than hose but has some limited flexibility. You may want to check out the threads listed here for more information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.