I did it!

May 16, 2015
Fairport, NY
I dumped the first bleach in at 11am ish. 7 gal to start. Very cool things...then tons of the "goo" Have been testing about every 1.5hrs and adding...so far about another 3 gals to maintain 15ppm (according to pool math). Vacuum running, even have my daughter skimming goo off the top (it's like skimming fat off of gravy). pool only has goo remaining, i can actually see the bottom now. Working on uploading pics. I think all is going well so far.

WoW

I'm not sure I've seen the BaquaGoo form like that! Loving the photos!!!

Welcome to TFP!! I know you'll enjoy your pool shortly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
the state of the pool isn't as exciting anymore---we have skimmed out a bunch of the goo....the water is actually clear with just the precipitate in it. I was up to 12 bottles of bleach. In the last 3 hrs, i only lost 2ppm fc...just added some for the night.

OK friends......my pool is clear, and almost all the baqua goo is gone....brushed down the sides and bottom of the pool this evening and vacuum is running. have only added 2 more gallons today, and that was with adding water too. Is this possible after only 1 day?? Other than the FC,CC what other testing should I be doing?
test results tonight:
FC=15.5
CC=2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.