liner fit on tanning ledge???

Jun 8, 2011
Charleston, IL
Just wondering.... We have a vinyl liner pool and the first "step" is basically a tanning ledge 22' x 4' and about 4-5" deep. Then I have 3 more steps, also 22' across. The liner has never fit well on the ledge (and steps). I have wrinkles that I have pushed back to the wall that temporarily fixes the tanning ledge, but then I just have more wrinkles at the wall. I am assuming it is caused by the liner stretching but the corners appears pretty tight; actually pulling away from the right-angle pool wall so i have a little slope in the corners.

Any input as to how "form fitting" the ledge and steps fit? Maybe this is normal? Maybe the liner has stretched a lot? Maybe it was made too big?

It is possible to get a very good fit if the liner is sized correctly and installed correctly. Both of those are noticeably more difficult with steps than without.

It is also possible for a wrinkles to come from the liner having "floated" a little bit at some point. This happens when the ground water level is higher than the pool water level.

In either case, it is very difficult to fix these issues once they have occurred.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.