Intellichlor flashing high salt

AimeeH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 2, 2012
Columbia SC
Does anyone have input on the accuracy of the Aquacheck salt test strips? Strips are measuring my salt at 3470 (yellow peak at 6-6) but SWG is flashing high salt. Manual says that puts salt above 4500.

Is this more likely a fault with the SWG?

The AquaChek strips are great most of the time, but are occasionally they are just wrong.

It is not at all common for a SWG to break such that it displays high salt when the salt is actually normal. It isn't impossible, just very unlikely.

Have you added salt recently? Adding salt within the last 24 hours will often cause the salt readings to fluctuate quite a bit until the salt has had more time to mix in.

Thanks JasonLion. I should have read my owners Manuel before posting because I believe I need to clean the cell. I haven't added salt in a while but last time was enough to get me to 3500. But I am slamming right now.

Now.....to google how to clean the SWG. Have no clue. :)

Ain't YouTube great?

So I watched a video on how to do it but that person said one would need a certain part to screw on the bottom to keep the acid in since the whole unit can't be submerged. I don't have that.

I'll try to post a pic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I should add to this that all this occurred during a SLAM. Observation has shown that when the Chlorine is really high.....I'm guessing 30 plus it starts flashing high salt again. Once chlorine is back down it stops flashing. It took this week of slamming and observing to discover this. Nowhere in the owners manual is that mentioned. Just an observation of mine this last week. Fingers crossed that is the correlation and my salt cell isn't at the end of its life.

The high salt light flashing seemed to correlate to the high chlorine though. Bleach (sodium hypochlorite) does add some salt but that is small and isn't reduced by the chlorine coming down. But the light stops flashing when the chlorine comes down which I found interesting since that isn't mentioned in the owners manuel.

It would take over 200 pounds of salt to put me in that 4500 "high salt" level that the manual says will trigger the high salt warning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.