Re: Automation system recommended for salt cell installation using intelliflo?

May 12, 2015
Ponte Vedra, FL

Moved by Divin Dave

I don't have room in my breaker box for 125 amp line, want to use the same 10 guage wire going to the easy touch panel. I have two 20 amp breakers in my breaker box that feed my pentair vs pump, booster pump and aqua rite chlorinator. I run my pump at max of 2300 rpm when i have my pool spitters on, otherwise i run at 1000 rpms. My intermatic manual timers control my booster pump(timer 2) and my cholinator (timer 1). My pump has power 7x24 and run it for about 10 hours a day, my chlorinator runs about 6 hours a day and my booster pump for 1.5 hours a day. I just have to make sure the intermatic timers only kick off when the pool pump is on. Not an ideal situation, but works. I figure I am only using about 19.5 amps max when everything is running. Usually I am at about 15 amps without pool spitters on and pump at 1000 rpms. I would only do this setup when my aqua rite bites the dust and would get the IC40 generator since it marries well with my new pentair vs pump. In any case, i would like the automation part of easytouch, but wanted to know if I can use my existing wiring to go to the easy touch. Remember, I want to keep my two 20 amp breakers in my breaker box to feed the Easytouch. I am not sure if the Easytouch requires the 125 amp to work or not. I would think that I could feed the 10 gauage wire into the 125 amp breaker on the easy touch(eventhough it would never trip....the breakers in the garage breaker box would trip if overloaded). Thoughts?

The EasyTouch does not require 125 amps. You can set it up with whatever supply is sufficient to run all of your equipment.

Your best bet is probably to get the version of the EasyTouch that does not include space for circuit breakers, and use your existing breaker panel. That means just slightly more complex wiring, but you get to keep your existing circuit breakers, etc. The other option is to use the EasyTouch with the built-in breakers, but then it is unlikely (but possible) that your existing breakers would be able to transfer over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.