Phenol Red

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hi. I have a Taylor testing kit. Bought it last year and it came with Taylor brand Phenol Red. My pool store has Phenol Red, but it isn't the Taylor brand. Can I use that? If so, will I add 5 drops like my Taylor brand. Lastly, will it be compatible with the Taylor brand acid demand drops

Hi. I have a Taylor testing kit. Bought it last year and it came with Taylor brand Phenol Red. My pool store has Phenol Red, but it isn't the Taylor brand. Can I use that? If so, will I add 5 drops like my Taylor brand. Lastly, will it be compatible with the Taylor brand acid demand drops

Some are different...For instance, the Taylor K 2006 pH test takes R0004 reagent while the K-1000 or TF100 takes R0014. These are not interchangeable at all as they are different concentrations. I would suggest making sure you have the right one with no questions about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.