Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Wow. So yesterday walked outside and it smelled like something died a week ago. We thought it was the trash & cleaned & bleached it. The crews were here working in about a foot of mud and muck - I was so embarrassed of the smell. My PB showed up to check on the job & I mentioned the smell. He said he thinks it's rotting grass from the rain & mud piled in top of it. Gross. I had no ideas "grass" could smell so rank. Anyone ever heard this before?

Or maybe I've watched too many episodes of Snapped & took advantage of the excavation :wink: I mean, it would be the perfect spot to dispose of something.

Kidding, of course.

Dunno your neighbor situation, but one of the most foul odors on earth is the recently rainsoaked backyard of the neighbor who owns multiple dogs, leaves them outdoors all the time, and never cleans up after them. By far the best housefly nursery too.
Or maybe I've watched too many episodes of Snapped & took advantage of the excavation I mean, it would be the perfect spot to dispose of something.

Kidding, of course.
:goodpost:

This is another reason to remove the sod under your above ground pools. I have also heard of members using old carpets under their pools ... with horrendously smelly results.

It is definitely the grass and sod. When we removed our hillside to make way for our pool, the second go around, we unearthed rotting sod. Smelled horrific!

I missed out on that little pleasure I guess. I stripped the sod and relaid it elsewhere prior to the dig. Couldn't bear to destroy the best patch of grass on my lot. Fortunately I had somewhere else that could benefit from it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.