Who's still swimming?

I was still swimming last weekend...water is about 78. That was when our days were 80 and nights 50. It has been 60's in the day and 40's in the evenings this week. I'm still going to try for this weekend. Looks like the up'd the weather from 74 to 78 on Saturday and 80 on Sunday. Now if I can just get on that float without touching the water :mrgreen:

We swam Sunday at 86 degree water temp. but I shut the solar off and took the cover off Monday evening. It's in the low 70s now, so we are done.

I can't believe just last week I was in the pool vacuming! I bumped the temp from 78 with the heater to 88 and got in, it was a glorious day. But Fall has arrived and it's been overnight lows in the 30's and 40's so we put the cover on this past Sunday. Depressing. Now I have to start planning for Christmas! :shock:

Still swimming is west central Florida. Water is 90 (solar heating) and air temp highs are in the upper 80's. Nights are getting cooler down to the mid 70's. I plan on placing the solar cover back on the pool after the weekend.

Still swimming here in Canada :)

My wife thinks I'm crazy though. It's in the low 60's, I'll stop when it hits 55 or so. I get out when my legs go numb!

Who says we only get 2-3 months of swimming in Canada!

Pool water is 73 :cry: Haven't swam for a week. Putting on solar hoping to get it up to creep a few more weeks out of it. Debating what to do with pool as I'm in SC and it won't freeze but I also don't want stuff all in the pool. Leaves have started in slowly. Need to decide whether to put a safety cover on it and just run it a few hours every night or what? It's depressing :cry:

Rob said:
Still swimming here in Canada :)

My wife thinks I'm crazy though. It's in the low 60's, I'll stop when it hits 55 or so. I get out when my legs go numb!

Who says we only get 2-3 months of swimming in Canada!

LOL! My pool is 55 now, but I have been tempted to jump in the water is so clear! I was going to close it this weekend but with rain in the forecast this week and above freezing over night temps I think I'll wait until the end of next week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Closed up the pool yesterday. We haven't been in the water since the first part of September, and I was just waiting for the water temp to get in the 60's. I was debating leaving the cover off too, until I spent 30 minutes fishing out leaves from my neighbors' trees yesterday, and most of the leaves haven't fallen yet. That, and I'd already bought a new cover that I wanted to try. :mrgreen: So, the cover is on.

Just got out. Water is 83 degrees, air temp about 85 degrees, but winds 30 mph- talk about wind chill. We are using a solar cover full time, but do not have solar heat yet (winter project). Night temps are in the 50s and 60s, so it takes all afternoon for the pool to warm up. We missed swimming three days this week from weather and schedule, but have been swimming 7 days a week up until now. Cool front coming this week, so we will keep swimming as long as we can. I love my AGP- why, oh why, did we not put one in years ago?

We swam today here in South Louisiana. The water was 84 degrees today with the outside temperature at 88. It felt a little chilly when I first got in, but great once I took the plunge. The water is crystal clear blue and very inviting. I plan on building some type of solar heater.

12,000 Gallon In ground gunite/blue quartz impregnated plaster, Hayward ColorLogic LED lighting, cartridge filtration, SWG, Ozone generator, 2' sheer decent waterfall

Frank, you made me smile! Here in west Michigan we've had some frosts. Its time for the furnace to kick on at night. The outside kitties are growing their fluffy winter coats. Leaves are still up in trees but snow isn't far away. Soon we'll be slipping and sliding on snow and ice, dreaming of swimming in our BBB pools. Kim

We're still swimming, although the weather outside right now is 68F, water temp is 81. Weather is supposed to get in the 90's today. 8)
I regret ever showing the kids how to work the remote...discovered the other night they had the gas heater set to 90, and my best guess is that it's been keeping the pool toasty for several weeks. I have been preoccupied and not checking!! I will be hiding that bill when it comes...

Pool is at 86 F today, but by January it will go down to 78 F, and we will use our wets suits and fur coats outside.

Is covered most of the day, except for a couple of hours in the evening. otherwise it would be 4 to 6 degrees lower due to the trade winds.

Love to tease my daughter in NYC. She found out today that there is a major gas connection problem in her apartment building (very old) and they switched off the gas. They have no idea when they will be allowed to use the gas again, building is gas heated!

Cool front came in- lows in 40's and highs in 80's with bright sun. But water is a cool 78degrees. I guess if I get hot enough, I will take the plunge, but it probably won't be for long. And the next cool front is just a few days away. Wish I had solar heat- hopefully by spring. Too bad we don't get snow or any fun winter weather- just rain and mud and hail. I miss real winters.
smallpooldad: Fur coats in Honolulu? Really?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.