Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's still swimming?

1. Back To Top    #1

Who's still swimming?

We threw in the towel about a month ago

Now I got to figure out what to do with the pool. Cover it up or leave it open so I can look at the pretty clear water all winter
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Who's still swimming?

I was still swimming last weekend...water is about 78. That was when our days were 80 and nights 50. It has been 60's in the day and 40's in the evenings this week. I'm still going to try for this weekend. Looks like the up'd the weather from 74 to 78 on Saturday and 80 on Sunday. Now if I can just get on that float without touching the water
    ~_~ Sherry ~_~
    24' Round AGP, 13,500gal, 1.5hp Hayward
    Cartridge
    TF100 Test Kit BBB Baby!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

still swimming here in N. Fl but the heater is on. Water is 88.

4. Back To Top    #4

We swam Sunday at 86 degree water temp. but I shut the solar off and took the cover off Monday evening. It's in the low 70s now, so we are done.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

I can't believe just last week I was in the pool vacuming! I bumped the temp from 78 with the heater to 88 and got in, it was a glorious day. But Fall has arrived and it's been overnight lows in the 30's and 40's so we put the cover on this past Sunday. Depressing. Now I have to start planning for Christmas!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Still swimming is west central Florida. Water is 90 (solar heating) and air temp highs are in the upper 80's. Nights are getting cooler down to the mid 70's. I plan on placing the solar cover back on the pool after the weekend.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

7. Back To Top    #7

Last weekend seems to be the last time for this year. Pool is down to 80* now. My sister-in-law was in from out of town, so she got to enjoy the last few days.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

8. Back To Top    #8

Still swimming here in Canada

My wife thinks I'm crazy though. It's in the low 60's, I'll stop when it hits 55 or so. I get out when my legs go numb!

Who says we only get 2-3 months of swimming in Canada!
    Jim

9. Back To Top    #9

Pool water is 73 Haven't swam for a week. Putting on solar hoping to get it up to creep a few more weeks out of it. Debating what to do with pool as I'm in SC and it won't freeze but I also don't want stuff all in the pool. Leaves have started in slowly. Need to decide whether to put a safety cover on it and just run it a few hours every night or what? It's depressing
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Still swimming here in Canada

My wife thinks I'm crazy though. It's in the low 60's, I'll stop when it hits 55 or so. I get out when my legs go numb!

Who says we only get 2-3 months of swimming in Canada!
    LOL! My pool is 55 now, but I have been tempted to jump in the water is so clear! I was going to close it this weekend but with rain in the forecast this week and above freezing over night temps I think I'll wait until the end of next week.

11. Back To Top    #11

Closed up the pool yesterday. We haven't been in the water since the first part of September, and I was just waiting for the water temp to get in the 60's. I was debating leaving the cover off too, until I spent 30 minutes fishing out leaves from my neighbors' trees yesterday, and most of the leaves haven't fallen yet. That, and I'd already bought a new cover that I wanted to try. So, the cover is on.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

12. Back To Top    #12

Swimming is out for us, too, and has been for a while. This morn the water temp was 71*

We will just enjoy looking at the beautiful sparkling water!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

Just got out. Water is 83 degrees, air temp about 85 degrees, but winds 30 mph- talk about wind chill. We are using a solar cover full time, but do not have solar heat yet (winter project). Night temps are in the 50s and 60s, so it takes all afternoon for the pool to warm up. We missed swimming three days this week from weather and schedule, but have been swimming 7 days a week up until now. Cool front coming this week, so we will keep swimming as long as we can. I love my AGP- why, oh why, did we not put one in years ago?
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

14. Back To Top    #14

G'DAY MATES
    swimming all year over here. Horrible isn't it

Happy swims
    Frank
    Hello all from the land of smiles. Thailand. 5mx9mx1.5 63000L 16300 gall, pebbletex,
    pentair 1hp whisperflow, tagelus TA60 SF, swg monarch esc24 {a bit small for the tropics} 3 returns, 1 skimmer, 2 astral 100watt lights. Planned and built by me
    an AUSSIE expat living thailand for 18 years.

15. Back To Top    #15

We swam today here in South Louisiana. The water was 84 degrees today with the outside temperature at 88. It felt a little chilly when I first got in, but great once I took the plunge. The water is crystal clear blue and very inviting. I plan on building some type of solar heater.

12,000 Gallon In ground gunite/blue quartz impregnated plaster, Hayward ColorLogic LED lighting, cartridge filtration, SWG, Ozone generator, 2' sheer decent waterfall

16. Back To Top    #16

Frank, you made me smile! Here in west Michigan we've had some frosts. Its time for the furnace to kick on at night. The outside kitties are growing their fluffy winter coats. Leaves are still up in trees but snow isn't far away. Soon we'll be slipping and sliding on snow and ice, dreaming of swimming in our BBB pools. Kim
    5 years 18' Intex Frame pool, July 2009 upgrade, 28ft rnd used Doughboy, 1hs Hayward Power Flow pump, Doughboy DE filter.TF test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

We're still swimming, although the weather outside right now is 68F, water temp is 81. Weather is supposed to get in the 90's today. 8)
    I regret ever showing the kids how to work the remote...discovered the other night they had the gas heater set to 90, and my best guess is that it's been keeping the pool toasty for several weeks. I have been preoccupied and not checking!! I will be hiding that bill when it comes...
    No Cover Charge
    17,000 gal IG w/ raised 8' spillover spa, 3M plaster, 10' stainless rain WF, Pentair SAM lights, Sta-Rite Sys3 cart. filter, Intellichlor SWG, 400kBTU Gas Heater, Paramount IF Cleaners, ET-8 Wireless Remote

18. Back To Top    #18

Pool is at 86 F today, but by January it will go down to 78 F, and we will use our wets suits and fur coats outside.

Is covered most of the day, except for a couple of hours in the evening. otherwise it would be 4 to 6 degrees lower due to the trade winds.

Love to tease my daughter in NYC. She found out today that there is a major gas connection problem in her apartment building (very old) and they switched off the gas. They have no idea when they will be allowed to use the gas again, building is gas heated!
    10,000 gal plaster pool,3/4 hp WhisperFlo pump, Sta-Rite Great White GW9500 pool cleaner, Hayward 300 lb Sand Filter
    Use Magenta Stuff for Iron and Silica control.
    Balance: pH 7.7 Cl 7 -8 Alk 70-80 CH 325 CyA 30 in winter - 50 in summer NaCl 1010 TDS 1200

19. Back To Top    #19

Cool front came in- lows in 40's and highs in 80's with bright sun. But water is a cool 78degrees. I guess if I get hot enough, I will take the plunge, but it probably won't be for long. And the next cool front is just a few days away. Wish I had solar heat- hopefully by spring. Too bad we don't get snow or any fun winter weather- just rain and mud and hail. I miss real winters.
    smallpooldad: Fur coats in Honolulu? Really?
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

20. Back To Top    #20

We swam last weekend, pool temp was just under 80. But our humidity has been very low this week and I think that just might have been our last weekend. Mid-October for swimming has been nice though....living in FL has its benefits!
    15' ROUND, 52" AG
    Newbie at pool ownership!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast