Noob have questions

May 15, 2015
Atlanta-GA-
Hi

We are looking at getting an above ground pool installed. It seems we will have to go with a small 12' one because we don't swim and just like to lay there enjoying a beer and space does matter. We have a small retaining wall and we want to put the least amount of pressure on it.
So we went to our local pool place today and the brand they recommended is a "Distinction LX". My wife wanted to get a saltwater system but they said they didn't carry them anymore because they rust the pool frame and recommended a "Frog" system instead for $375 extra. Well I have been researching the frog system on these forums and have read only bad reviews so we will probably go with the regular filter. The filter they will sell us is "Hayward pro series" How is that?
As far as ladder it will be an "AG ladder". I understand that I will need to replace the liner at some point, but how often is that? We are in Atlanta and the season runs roughly from May to mid September.
Please feel free to comment on all or just one of the products listed above, I need some feedback on anything bad that you have encountered or saving bucks with chemicals.
No kids will be going in the pool if that matters, just us in our early 50's and our daughter with her boyfriend who are mid 20's.

Thanks so much

Patrick and Kristina

When you put your money down on the pool, go ahead and look at the link in my siggy line to check out the *preferred and recommended* test kits. If you're available to test almost daily at first, and add a little beach daily, you'll have a low cost, sparkling clean pool without iccky mineral frogs (expensive!) or the SWG.

Now, when you want to later put more money down you'll be able to feel good about either a bigger pool or a SWG for kicks.

Welcome- You're gonna love having some water to soak in on those hot Atlanta days

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.