La Grange, KY
Here are my numbers:

FC: 1
CC: 2.8
PH: 7.2
TA: 100
CH: 220
CYA: 30-40. Will use 40 to be safe

I have brought my pH level down to 7.2 and will be adding the chlorine in a few minutes to get FC up to 16. Plan on testing every 2 hours or so initially and adding bleach to keep the level at 16. Will brush the pool each day.

Anything else I need to be considering?

Thanks,

Update: 5-15 8:07pm

First test was about an hour after the initial slam and the FC level was 6. Got it back to 16 and just checked again after about 3 hours. The FC level was 10, so looking pretty good. Can already tell the water is a bit clearer. Can see the bottom almost on the opposite end!

Quick question on the FC test. After adding around 15 drops using the 10ml sample, the water would get colorless, but after about 5 seconds would get a pink tint to it. Does that mean I need to keep adding drops? Do I wait until it completely turns clear even after waiting?

Thanks,

Boo :( . In that case, my FC number was about 7.5, not 10. And I probably didn't put enough chlorine in this time. Oh well, I'll test again around 10pm and add enough to get me through the night, hopefully.

Should I go higher than 16 for the overnight hours? Probably won't test again until around 7am. That'd be 9 hours.

Add just a bit more to help get through the night, but tested this morning at 7 and FC was at 1. Got it back to 16 and will test again in an hour or two. The pool is looking very good, though. No more green and pretty clear. Feel like I'm getting close, but the loss of FC overnight was a little discouraging.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the support. I raised the FC back to 16 at around 7, then checked at 10 and it was back down to .5. Was hoping that the Bleach I bought from Wal-Mart wasn't bad, so I was giving it one more try. Raised it up to 16, or maybe a little higher at 10, then checked again at noon at it was at 13, the highest I've even gotten. The best part was that the CC, which had been around 2.8, was down to about .5. I'm hoping this means I'm nearing the end, but we'll see when I test it at 2.

Also, it started raining around 11 and looks like rain is in the forecast for the better part of the next several days. I'm sure I've read that it shouldn't affect anything, but wanted to double check. Any extra steps need to be taken when performing a SLAM in the rain? I assume I need to keep as much rain water out of the test water, but other than that?

OK, so I tested around 2pm, FC was 12.5, CC 0.5. Added bleach to get back to 16.
At 3:45, FC was 14, CC was 0.5. Added bleach to get back to 16
At 8:15, FC was 10.5, but CC was at 0.0!! I added bleach to get back to 16.

Water is clear, CC is 0, so I think I'm going to try the OCLT tonight. Is that a good idea? Was planning on testing around 10pm and then again in the morning around 6-7, before the sun hit the pool directly. Though it's supposed to rain all day, so probably not much sun to begin with.

Thoughts? Should I go ahead with the overnight test or wait until the FC stabilizes a little more?

Hopefully you'll pass. If not, try n brush every nook n cranny,in your ladders, steps, returns, n lights.

I wish I would have taken more along the way, but here are a few from day 1 and today (day 3).

So, last night was 15.5, and testing this morning, FC was 9 :( CC was still at 0, so that good. I'll work all day today brushing and cleaning everywhere and see if that help.

What I don't understand is, I thought that CC was the result of organic matters using up the free chlorine. If CC is remaining at 0, why is FC dropping so much?

Day 1 before initial slam:
17743444606_c82e68c78f_z.jpg

17147290454_a0b8084583_z.jpg

Morning of Day 3:
17769776095_0b6b9852e6_z.jpg

17583560089_4945e78b36_z.jpg

Kevin, sometimes CC won't register if there is still something in the water. That is why an OCLT is important. You have 3 criteria to pass. You are still consuming chlorine at night.

You have a Sharkline Venture and the same liner as me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.