Thoughts on filling a new pool with these well water #'s...

jjwalker

Silver Supporter
Aug 23, 2012
S. Louisiana
About to pull the trigger on our new IG vinyl pool. A concern of mine has been filling the pool initially for start-up; whether to use a water truck and city tap water (which is available to me) or just fill it from my well.

We will have an 18x36 ~19,500 gals. Regardless of where or how I get my initial fill water, I will have to deal with maintaining levels so it's kind of unavoidable drawing from my well. Here are the numbers:

Iron: .01 mg/l

Manganese: .065 mg/l

ph: 6

0 hardness

Obviously the manganese will have to be dealt with...but how? and ph will obviously have to come up, not too worried about...should I? :lol:

thoughts from the forum?

If you have the option to avoid metals in your supply water at a reasonable price, do so. The safe route is city tap water, which is even cheaper if you call the city and tell them that you're putting the water in the pool and it will not enter the sewer. Most cities will waive the sewer fees for those gallons, making the water very cheap.

Just do a search here on the forums for people having issues with metals stains and you can see the headache that in your case can easily be avoided.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.