Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3 way valves

1. Back To Top    #1

3 way valves

Hi, can anyone recommend an online store to purchase a 3 way valve? Any particular brands to avoid or any recommended brands? Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 3 way valves

Rainman - I don't shop on- line so can't help you with the 'where'.

I can tell you that Jandy neverlube valves are good valves and that if anyone offers you a Hayward SP 733 - RUN, don't walk!!

I hope you can find a good valve at a good price that will perform well for your needs and your pool!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 3 way valves

I bought all my valves from poolcenter.com

http://www.poolcenter.com/plumbing_valves_poolstor.htm

It was the best pricing I could find. No problems with the site or the valves. I used Jandy 3 way valves and check valves on the pad. I used the Pac Fab/ComPool 2 way valves instead of ball valves on returns and suction pipes. For an extra $10 per valve over a high quality ball valve I thought it was worth it. I was very impressed with these valves. If I had seen them in person before ordering I may have also used them instead of Jandy for my 3 way valve applications. However, I don't have any experience so I went conservative; Jandy has a great reputation so I paid the extra 100% to use Jandy everywhere I needed a 3 way valve.

carlos
    Light grey plaster, stone coping, 38K gallon Roman shaped pool with a shallow end beach, table and bar stools, deep end bench and waterfall (Intelliflo 4X160). Taylor K-2006, Pentair 320 chlorinator, Intelliflow VF, Quad DE 100. 4 ColorLogics, 3 skimmers, 14 wall returns, 13 floor returns, TurboTwister slide, autofill and miles of pvc.