2 Speed Pump and SWG

I upgraded my pump this year to a Hayward 1HP SP15922S 2 speed pump. On low speed, the water does not fill the salt cell completely. It leaves the top 1/4 of the cell without water, exposing the very top of the cell plates to no water. This of course turns on a flow light on the salt system. On high speed, the cell is full, no issues. Any ideas? I'm still in my return period and can return the pump if I'm not going to be able to take advantage of the power savings but saving money would be nice!

I'm still considered a novice, and someone else can certainly answer. I have a 1.5 hp 2 speed. I think the piping on your system may help with the flow. I installed a flow metewr to help me determine what I am getting. If you are close, then a little tweeking may put you over the gpm desired. I ran 2" pvc for an 18' x 54" AG pool. As little elbows and turns as possible. I run the low speed all summer with no issues. If I put it on high speed, it would be a whirlpool with lots of turbulence. Not sure if you can or want to do the changes, if you aren't piped, but that may do it. My pump uses 300+ watts of electricity on low. I run it all summer. Good luck.

Wow, 24' . Not sure if it's strong enough. I'll wait for others to reply. Also, I have a cartridge filter, so that may change things. Not sure. I do have a SWG.

Others on the forum have complained about the same issue with Compupool SWGs. The design (upside U) is not really appropriate for very low flow rates because the gas gets trapped and is not easily evacuated.

Here is a thought. What if you run it on high to get the air bubble out, then switch it over to low? I am curious since I just installed a SWCG, on a two speed pump. I bought the Si-30, and it is not see-through, so I have no clue what is going on inside the cell.

I have a Hayward T-15 cell and my pumps runs on low most of time. I have never had this issue. One possible solution is to place a ball valve on the discharge after the cell. Adjust (close) it until the problem goes away. On high you will have to open the valve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.