Nature 2 Fusion issues

Jim H

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2015
Monroe/NJ
SO I have a brand new pool - got a SWG to make my life "easier". It's been anything but. Constantly reading "no flow", running at 85%, 24 hours a day, not generating any chlorine. Have had pool company out twice, they are coming out again next week. I know my CYA is still low (40) AND I'm in a very sunny area, but I would expect at least some chlorine reading with 24/7 running at 85%. Plus they keep insisting that it is normal for it to read "no flow" on occasion which, according to the manual it is NOT, and it is on 'No flow' 50-75% of the time, not occasionally.
Shame on me I didn't do my research or find this website until after pool installed and this was the generator that they typically use so we went with it. I've already removed the mineral cartridge after reading about the uselessness of it on this website, but still issues with flow, etc. I saw other posts Re: sensor issues with this SWG but the service guys insist that this is the dark grey sensor, not the white sensor that was causing so much trouble." Sorry this is rambling- guess my questions are:

1) could low CYA and sunlight account for no chlorine when running 24/7 at 85% (this pump is rated for 40000 gallons my pool is 33500)?
2) Is it EVER supposed to say 'no flow'?
3) Did I buy a lemon?

My plan is to just use bleach in the meantime and continue to harass them all summer until they admit it's a lemon and get me a replacement. Will have to pursue with BBB I suppose if this keeps up.

FC 0 Ph 7.2 CYA 40

You should not be getting a "No Flow" error ever if the system has enough flow for the SWG.

What pump do you have? If it is a VS or 2-speed pump does the "No Flow" error occur when it is on low-speed?

They still have issues with the dark grey sensors, the white sensors had more problems, but this issue has never been properly fixed.

You should not be getting a "No Flow" error ever if the system has enough flow for the SWG.

What pump do you have? If it is a VS or 2-speed pump does the "No Flow" error occur when it is on low-speed?

They still have issues with the dark grey sensors, the white sensors had more problems, but this issue has never been properly fixed.

That's what I thought. Unfortunately I don't have my pump info handy but I am fairly certain it's not a 2-speed.

I really don't think the water flow is an issue, I have felt it in my gut that it is the sensor from the beginning but they keep trying to tell me otherwise...

Your SWG does require a good amount of flow, more than most other SWG's, so don't dismiss the amount of flow as not a problem. Variable speed pumps on low settings, dirty filters, all lead to flow problems with some SWG's.

Your SWG does require a good amount of flow, more than most other SWG's, so don't dismiss the amount of flow as not a problem. Variable speed pumps on low settings, dirty filters, all lead to flow problems with some SWG's.

Thank you for that...it is a brand new pool so I would hope they installed the appropriate pump for this generator, but after my experience over the past 6 months their "25 years in the swimming pool business" doesn't seem to equate with competence. I will definitely get myself educated on this pump just as I have the SWG and chemistry. A heck of a learning curve but the more empowered I'm getting with this, the less stressed I'm getting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.