Repair or Replace Prowler 720

P

PatG25

Hi

I have a Prowler 720 that looks like is no longer working. I have had it for 6 full seasons and one partial season. Put it away last fall and just got it out last night. The power supply just clicks but no lights come on indicating it worked. Noticed that the plug is broken; the ground pin has broken off. But that shouldn't keep the unit from working.

A new power unit is about $300. I haven't done much maintenance on the cleaner so I probably need to spend another $100 on new brushes and drive belts, etc. So I am really wondering if it is worth sinking $400 or so into a 7 year old unit. How long do these robots typically last? From looking at the internet it's a higher end model ($1K range) but I am not going to spend that much on a new one.

Looking at the Dolphin Nautilus or maybe the Triton to replace it. I have to say it has worked pretty well. Cleaning the cloth bag is a PITA though.

Thanks,
Pat

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.