Jersey in the house

May 11, 2015
NJ
Hey everyone, new guy here. I've been lurking for a couple of days and enjoyed all the helpful info so far.
Just like a bunch of people here, I bought a house with a pool. I liked the house in early spring but waited until November to buy it, got it cheaper that way. The pool was neglected half way through the summer because the sale fell through and the owners moved, blah blah. Pool was professionally closed but I decided to open it after watching some YouTube videos. Eventually made my way to this forum.

I initially shocked the pool with those shock bag things. Luckily I stumbled upon the bbb method and been doing ok so far. I have a standard pool test but ordered a Taylor 2006 and a generic keeps krauly from Amazon (good reviews)

I've read the pool school and can't quite figure out fc and cc. Also, I'm not sure about my cya. I read 0 from a test strip, added 5 lbs and read 40, do I just top the pool off the pool with liquid chlorine and borax as needed on a daily basis? Thanks! Pics soon

after raking, not sure if I put shock in or not.

after

but now I see a lot of staining.