Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New SWG Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New SWG Pool

First off, thanks for the great site. It's written so that even I can understand this stuff.

My plaster pool is 5 weeks old and the SWG was just activated. I am keeping my FC around 3-5 and my PH around 7.2 to 7.8.

Do I have to wait a certain length of time before trying to adjust my Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness?
    - 25K Gallons, Jandy AquaPure Model Pure1400 SWG w/ AquaLink RS PDA, Jandy LXi Heater Model 400
    - Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filters
    - IG Plaster Pool w/ rock waterfall & weeping walls, Elevated spill-over spa
    - 2 X Jandy Stealth SHPM2.5 pumps (one for pool, one for waterfall), Pool Pump ~ 100 GPM in pool mode
    - UltraPure UPP25 Ozone Generator, Polaris 280 w/ Polaris Halcyon booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New SWG Pool

You have already waited long enough and can go ahead and adjust your TA and CH levels. The recommended wait is four weeks after plaster is applied.

Both TA and CH will still go up a little more from the plaster curing, but that effect will be small compared to the change over the first several weeks. At this point you want to adjust TA and CH up to the lower half of the recommended range, which will leave a little room if they go up some more on their own.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New SWG Pool

Thank you for your response.
    - 25K Gallons, Jandy AquaPure Model Pure1400 SWG w/ AquaLink RS PDA, Jandy LXi Heater Model 400
    - Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filters
    - IG Plaster Pool w/ rock waterfall & weeping walls, Elevated spill-over spa
    - 2 X Jandy Stealth SHPM2.5 pumps (one for pool, one for waterfall), Pool Pump ~ 100 GPM in pool mode
    - UltraPure UPP25 Ozone Generator, Polaris 280 w/ Polaris Halcyon booster pump