2 speed pump switch

jasonknox

Platinum Supporter
May 4, 2010
SW Georgia
I will eventually install a 2-speed pump for my pool.

Will a typical in-ground pool pump prime on low speed? If it will then below is a mute point. If it will not please keep reading.

I want my new pump to run on high speed for the first 10 minutes to make sure it is primed before and automatic switch switches the pump to Low Speed. When the pool cuts off for the day/cycle I want the switch to default back to the high speed setting so as to repeat the process the next day/cycle. Is there a switch out there that can do this?

A pump should never lose prime when it turns off, unless you open up the system. If it is, then you have a leak somewhere.

I manually run mine on high to prime, but had no problems after that just leaving it on low and letting it start in low. Now that I have a ProLogic, it automatically runs on high for a few minutes before switching to low, although like I said, this should not be required.

You can buy timers where you can set the on/off and set the high/low switching if you really want this for some reason.

I agree it should never leak but sometimes it does and it does not give me any warning. So this switch would just be a precautionary step to protect my pump should I lose prime for some reason. Thanks for the reply

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.