Adding Stabilizer & Calcium

fmbgmb

May 14, 2015
Jackson, TN
Can I use the sanitizer to introduce stabilizer into the pool? I have read where placing the product in a sock and placing that in the skimmer is a good method, but I wasn't sure if i could just use the sanitizer (esp since I'm not using chlorine tabs).

Also, how important is calcium hardness? My pool is has a vinyl liner and I'm not interested in throwing money away on something that just isn't needed.

Thanks for your help!
fb

I'm not interested in throwing money away on something that just isn't needed.

Hi, welcome to TFP!

We could not agree more with your statement! Which is why we say get a good test, read the recommended levels and only add the recommended chemicals. And avoid the pool store like the plague!

Have you read the Test Kit Comparison and ordered a test kit? I use the TF100 from tftestkits.net.

I'd still go with the sock method, just to avoid any potential clogs in the line with wet sludgy CYA. It might be something you do want to use sometime (such as vacation) and I just wouldn't risk it?
Sock, secured over return on a stick or pool noodle, or toss the sock in your skimmer basket. Squeeze it now and then to speed it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.