Newbie (kind of) Above Ground Beaded Liner Question W/ pics

Sep 3, 2008
Bucks County, PA
Here's a (hopefully) not to stupid of a question. I recently came a across a 1 year old 52" A/G 15x33 pool to replace one that's at our "new home". Same old story I guess.... Parents install pool. Kids don't use pool. Parents decide the heck with it, we want a sunroom....

Good for me though as it was a nice deal..

Can someone just confirm, as my last pool uses an overlap liner.

I've downloaded the manufactures instructions as well as the info that came with the liner. Just purchased a new beaded liner. Still boxed etc.

Please see the pics below. The instructions - (Swimline) show very clearly how to remove the "j-hook" portion and that's pretty self explanatory. Our new pool uses a beaded liner (a pic of my bead receiver is pictured below).

The new liner is listed as a Unibead and has instructions to remove the j-hook portion to use with a beaded pool. I just wanted to make sure:

I thought that the portion on the liner that locks into the bead receiver would be a just a bit thicker / larger. I can see however, that by the time you "roll the liner into the bead" that you would need some additional room.

I just wanted to make sure that all of the bead receivers are "standard". I've posted the pics just to clarify. Not having a beaded liner pool before, it just looks a bit funny to me.

My pool is an Aqua Leader and the portion of the bead receiver that "accepts" the liner has room of appx 3/16" "deep" by about 5/8" high. The "male" portion on the liner is obviously smaller than that. Hope that detail helps. I just thought the part on the liner would have been a bit "thicker" but as I mentioned, I can see that by the time it's installed, it should fit fine.

Just wanted to be sure that there were not different styles , or perhaps a proprietary design etc.

Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• DSCI0253.JPG
    DSCI0253.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCI0255.JPG
    DSCI0255.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 311
Are you sure that liner beading is correct?

We ran into trouble when we were not told Kayak changed it beading in 2004. The liner we order was the older style (which was not noted on the website, until we called Kayak and they are sueing the other online company for non licensed product)

That's a good point.

I'm not really sure. I wasn't aware that the bead receivers could be different sizes. I guess I should find out before trying to install. I've just never had a beaded liner before so everything looks "strange to me".

Any info from others would be a big help.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.