Pool thermometer... that last more then a season.....

I've said this before but why do all these read down to 30 deg, and up to 120?, some even read down to below 0 deg, really lame in my op. A quality one that reads from 60 deg to 110 would be perfect for the pool or hot tub and the graduations would be easier to read. I guess they just take their normal thermometers and put a float around them to save money, why bother with something better if people buy their junk. I just look at the easy-touch to see the temp but I would gladly pay $30.00+ for a GOOD one to put in the skimmer. I had a couple digital floaters but they both leaked and died. I think they need some better design engineers.

Have two of these and they seem to be pretty bullet proof. No remote option, but I'm a jug slinger so I have to be at the pool edge all the time anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentair-R1410...d=1432153519&sr=8-3&keywords=pool+thermometer

So much so that when my robot and this thermometer collided last year, the thermometer won. Had to replace the roller bearings on my Tigershark after the thermometer got wedged in the roller. Needless to say, I now pull the thermometers when I run the robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.