Point of Attack?

Aug 26, 2012
Liberty, Tx.
I set up my new Intex 22’ x 52” pool on May 8th and was done filling on May 9th. I have been fighting with all the rain we have been getting. Probably close to 8” this week alone. I am not making any headway with trying to get the water within specs.
FC=0
pH=7.2
TA=170
CYA=0
I have added 3 gallons of bleach since install but due to all the rain, I keep having to let water out of the pool (3” in one night). Also added 60oz of muriatic acid to get TA down with no luck. Have not tried to put any stabilizer in as of yet. Next week looks to be another wet week. So I looking for a little help with a point of attack. Starting to get lots of boatmen bugs. Please Help.

Don't worry about your TA. It's almost of zero concern. TA mainly only becomes an issue when you can't keep pH under control or you have other chemistry issues that may lead to scaling.

You need to keep chlorine in there, and you will probably have to add it several times a day until you can get some CYA/stabilizer in there to protect the chlorine from the sun.

You're doing about all you can at the moment. Without CYA, any bleach you add is going to be gone by the end of the day, so 0 FC is to be expected. Just keep adding 2 or 3 FC every day. While it lasts, it will keep algae from forming. There's no point adding CYA until you're done overflowing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.