Showing Off My Newly TFPC Conversion Pool

Z7What

Mar 23, 2015
New Orleans Area
I bought my house 9 years ago with the pool. From day one when it was installed well before I bought the house it had been a Prestine Blue pool. Few weeks ago when searching the old inter web for cheaper Prestine Blue I came across this site and the TFPC/BBB Method. I took the chance with trying it and I couldnt be happier. Providing a Safe, Clear, & Sanitized pool for my 1 year old was my main objective and after learning what to do and knowing what my levels are I am now confident it's complete safe for my little man to swim this summer.

The last couple testing my pH was a little high. With Pool Math telling me how much MA to put in, when I sampled it today my pH was a 7.5, I actually smiled out loud and thought to myself I got it!

Here is a overview shot!
2BB68F2D-E01F-4C0A-8A10-5FF665667E4F.jpg

UNDERwater shot from one side the pool to the other.
7D9B492D-AB52-493C-8A96-93C3C15019A6.jpg

This weekend we are having our first official pool/bbq party and I couldn't be more excited!

Wayne

It is, im so glad I switched!

I find myself trying to convert other people now.

A close family friend has a pool and has been having nothing but problems lately. I told him about all of my new learning of pool chemistry. I even brought my sample kit to his house and sampled his pool which was cloudy and had algae on the bottom.

His results were
FC=0
CYA=0
CH=250
pH=7.5
TA=50

Its a 24'X54" pool just like mine. I sent him my underwater picture yesterday via text message and have yet to hear back from him hahaha. He is doing exactly what I was doing before I learn the TFPC Method I never had the issues he has, he just wont listen! All I know is that I wont be putting my son in the pool with those kind of numbers.

Wayne

It amazes me how some people are so resistant to trying the TFPC method, even as they continue to battle with algae. It's like they cover their ears and say "la la la, I don't hear you" when you mention taking over your own pool chemistry and avoiding being pool-stored.

It amazes me how some people are so resistant to trying the TFPC method, even as they continue to battle with algae. It's like they cover their ears and say "la la la, I don't hear you" when you mention taking over your own pool chemistry and avoiding being pool-stored.
I think alot of it has to do with the fact that most people don't want to tend to thier pool each and every day. I think those of us that take water samples every day and add bleach every day are in the minority. But, for me (and for most of us here) a few minutes of maintenance in return for a crystal clear pool all season long is totally worth it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I add FC and acid about every 3 days. If I test more often it's only because I'm a pool nerd. Mines pretty dynamic with regard to pH as well, but everyday needs are unusual for me.
How is that even possible?? I need to add bleach every single day. My CYA is around 40 and i shoot for 6 ppm when I add bleach. If i wait 24 hours and retest I'm down to about 3 ppm. If i didn't add it every day the amount of chlorine in my pool would quickly be well below the minimum for my CYA amount. I'm in full sun all day from sun up until sundown.

I don't need to test but maybe q 3 days due to our use of an automatic cover. In fact, could even go weekly probably but for reassurance I don't. The SWG toodles along at its slow-but-steady CL production and when I want or need a bump, I just use bleach.

Easy peasy :)

I think alot of it has to do with the fact that most people don't want to tend to thier pool each and every day. I think those of us that take water samples every day and add bleach every day are in the minority. But, for me (and for most of us here) a few minutes of maintenance in return for a crystal clear pool all season long is totally worth it.

Agreed. I often get ribbed for being so attentive to my pool, testing often and adding my daily bleach. But, as far as I'm concerned, the results speak for themselves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.