Intex 26' x 52 getting started and upgrading existing pump. What would you suggest??

Mar 24, 2015
Courtland, MS
Hi Everyone!

We have finally finished leveling out the spot in our yard for our intex 26'x52 above ground pool!:D
I have researched and researched and also read MANY posts here about upgrading the existing pump and now my head is spinning. :confused: we know that we want to upgrade the existing pump when we install the pool this weekend or next week (hoping the rain holds off:| ) but I am absolutely LOST on what pump to purchase! We have decided we are going to hold off on doing a salt water system. So with that being said what pump do you recommend us using??? I really enjoy reading all the helpful posts here! Thanks to all those who may possibly help me wrap my head around this! I'm sure I am overthinking it but we want to make the right investment in the pump from the start! :D

If not, get a 2 speed pump with the largest filter of your choice.

A 3/4hp or 1hp 2 speed pump from Hayward or Pentair would work great. But, there are lots of posts here from people who are very happy with the Intex sand filters.

For a pool your size, if you are not going with Intex, look for something around a 23" diameter sand filter. The 1HP 2-speed Power-Flo Matrix is popular. This is a much more expensive option that sticking with the Intex brand, but it is big jump in quality too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.