Question about Dual Suction Lines

Apr 23, 2015
Buckeye, AZ
Recently purchased an Intex 12x24 Above Ground Pool. The pool has 2 intake lines coming together at a valve then a hose goes to the Pump. My question is can I close off one of those lines, or maybe at least reduce the flow from one of the lines. Looking for more Suction to use my Vacuum. I believe they went to the 2 lines because of a Law Suit from there being too much suction in the 1 line. thanks

the problem with that is if you have a sand filter and you have an output of 1.5 inch the both input is 1.25 sor if you remove one i think it will be not enought water flow inside the pump or im wrong ?
thank you

i just tried to block one hole of the 2 input and it start making forcing the motor :S

You have it figured. If you get too much suction, to where the vacuum starts to stick to the floor, crack the other one a bit. You will see reduced flow out the returns and the pump will sound different when it's sucking through that long narrow hose. As long as it goes back to normal when you're done vacuuming, everything's hunky-dory.

Hi, I have the 16x48 intex ultra frame pool. I am having the hardest time getting my sand filter & saltwater system combo connected to my pool. It came with the B adapters but do I need to connect a hose to both of the suction valves or do I block one off? I have looked on YouTube and watch the DVD neither is very clear because it only show them setting up their old version pool with only 1 suction valve. Please help I have a party in a week and have become frustrated because I wanted to have this set up and running before then.???

Hi, I have the 16x48 intex ultra frame pool. I am having the hardest time getting my sand filter & saltwater system combo connected to my pool. It came with the B adapters but do I need to connect a hose to both of the suction valves or do I block one off? I have looked on YouTube and watch the DVD neither is very clear because it only show them setting up their old version pool with only 1 suction valve. Please help I have a party in a week and have become frustrated because I wanted to have this set up and running before then.������

I the future please start your own thread with a question like this. It will get a lot more attention and not hijack someone elses.

There is a T fitting that both of those suction valves connect to that makes them turn into one hose. This T fitting also has a plunger valve on it. This T has 2 1.25" ports and 1 1.5" port. The hoses coming from the suction ports on the pool connect to the 1.25" ports and the hose going to the filter goes in the 1.5" port. The SWG then goes after the filter.

My apologies Scuba_Steve, I'm new to this and was in dying need of information so I didn't realize I was hijacking someone else's thread since I seen other threads where others, I guess hijacked someone's thread with a similar question as the originator. I have never posted on a forum before.....

Thanks for responding to my question.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I am curious to see the answer to this question, too. I had read something in another thread about the dual inlet, and checked my new pool, still in the box. Yep, there's two. I have a sand filter and had rigged up a vacuum in my 18' ultra frame. (By using the adapter from the skimmer that I seldom used.)

I am curious to see the answer to this question, too. I had read something in another thread about the dual inlet, and checked my new pool, still in the box. Yep, there's two. I have a sand filter and had rigged up a vacuum in my 18' ultra frame. (By using the adapter from the skimmer that I seldom used.)
PAGirl I was trying to use the T-fitting from the filter that came with the pool but it doesn't work with the hoses from my Sand filter/ Saltwater combo....so I just hook 2 of the hoses from the starter filter to the T-fitting they came with. I have attached a couple of pics, hopefully you can see the 2 hoses that are smaller....I guess I did the best I could after going to 2 different pool stores and 2 hardware store and leaving with no other resolution [emoji6]
127755f7f9775132b8172691812e3676.jpg

1a41ee2f31a6f50bfbe0670399e5a0c2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is what I tried to explain to do. Sorry, it was kinda hard to explain without a picture. You would have hooked it up the exact same way using your canister filter. Those small tubes are good up to 1500gph each, so they will work fine with a larger sand filter.

That is what I tried to explain to do. Sorry, it was kinda hard to explain without a picture. You would have hooked it up the exact same way using your canister filter. Those small tubes are good up to 1500gph each, so they will work fine with a larger sand filter.
Yeah, I kind of put your information with my thoughts and did it that way Scuba_Steve.....lol.... Buuut because I hate to feel defeated and like thinks right and not rigged, I continued to go back and forth outside up until about midnight and finally figured out how to connect all of my big hoses up with the started filter T-FITTING. I had already purchased 2 additional B adapters but kept thinking I didn't need them and really wasn't sure how I would have used them since I didn't have anything promising to actually show me.... thanks again for the information. I'm a happy camper now....lol

PAGirl I was trying to use the T-fitting from the filter that came with the pool but it doesn't work with the hoses from my Sand filter/ Saltwater combo....so I just hook 2 of the hoses from the starter filter to the T-fitting they came with. I have attached a couple of pics, hopefully you can see the 2 hoses that are smaller....I guess I did the best I could after going to 2 different pool stores and 2 hardware store and leaving with no other resolution [emoji6]
127755f7f9775132b8172691812e3676.jpg

1a41ee2f31a6f50bfbe0670399e5a0c2.jpg

Im curious, did the Plunger Valve that the 2 intake hoses are plugged into come with the pool or the filter pump? I cant seem to find that part anywhere.

Im curious, did the Plunger Valve that the 2 intake hoses are plugged into come with the pool or the filter pump? I cant seem to find that part anywhere.
It came with the filter that is provided with the pool...I have noticed that the bigger pools come with either a sand filter pump or the saltwater system. Not sure if it is provided with those systems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.