My pool fell into a little bit of an algae problem (my fault - not putting in enough bleach nightly, plus a storm evacuation and another weekend getaway..) and I just got around to addressing it this past weekend. I think it's going pretty well, but I'm new at this so I'd like some reassurance of my numbers..
Saturday afternoon - Bottom of the pool was pretty green, so I hit it with the vacuum. This got things stirred up a little bit, so I might have missed some spots towards the end. The water was pretty green and I was no longer able to see the bottom. I did a full round of tests at about 5pm and got the following results:
FC: 0 - CC: 0 - TC: 0 - CYA: 35 - pH: 8.0 - TA: 100
Using the pool calculator I added the following:
CYA to hit 50 (I've been working for a few weeks to build this up. Will re-test Friday)
Bleach to hit 16 (shock level for CYA of 40)
Here are my tests since then. After each test I used the pool calc and added bleach to bring the FC back to 16
Saturday 8pm - FC: 13 - CC: 0
Saturday 11pm - FC: 12 - CC: 0
Sunday 9am - FC: 14.5 - CC: 0
Sunday 12pm - FC: 13 - CC: 0
Sunday 3pm - FC: 10 - CC: 0
Sunday 6pm - FC: 14 - CC: 0
Sunday 10pm - FC: 14 - CC: 0
Monday 7am - FC: 12.5 - CC: 0
Monday 7:30pm - FC: 10 - CC: 0
Monday 10:30pm - FC: 15 - CC: 0
Tuesday 7:30am - FC: 14.5 - CC: 0
I'm highlighting the morning numbers because they reflect my overnight loss.
Is this looking right? Do I need to maintain shock levels for one more night? The water is still cloudy, but I can see the bottom and it's no longer got the green tint to it.