Rip in bottom of pool liner. Is it able to be patched?

May 13, 2015
Belle Chasse, LA
Hi, I received an Intex 18X48 pool from my neighbor that moved away. I set it up a week ago finding a small hole that I was able to patch. I noticed 6 days after having the pool up and only swimming in it twice that I was losing water. I searched for a hole not able to find one until this evening I found it. When I went to patch it, it ripped more. I had to put two patches on it and it even split past the patch when I went to make sure it was on. I decided to completely drain the pool and try to use the intex pool patch that came with the pool. I don't have the money right now to buy a whole new liner. So I was wondering if this rip is able to be patched with the pool patch? Thanks. 20150513_182359.jpg

You'll want to triple up on the patch and if you drained the pool, I'd highly recommend you clean the underside of the pool where it's boogered up and triple patch That side too. Round all the corners on the patch and make each patch bigger than the last one.

I would follow up that excellent advise with a statement that make sure you make the patches big enough, and not just barely bigger bigger than the hole. This one will be tough since it is so close to the seam. My guess would be to make sure that you done put the patch over the seam, as that will invite a leak through the patch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.